Victoria’s Pride Society issues statement warning BC Liberals they could be excluded from future Pride Parades July 20, 2020 Andrew Wilkinson’s BC Liberals have been condemned by a second Pride parade society after BC Liberal MLA Laurie Throness publicly defended …
Welcome to your West End/Coal Harbour Community Office Website
What’s Happen in Phase 3
People can take part in smart, safe and respectful travel within B.C. Remember, international travellers returning to B.C. are required by law to self-isolate for 14 days and complete a self-isolation plan.
The BC Restart Plan takes a phased approach to reopening. This allows sectors and activities within the phases to open when the evidence and data tells us the time is right, and as protocols and guidance are in place for them to do so safely.
The guidelines and extra safety precautions for sectors in Phase 2 are still in place.
The following are businesses that may be reopening and some measures that may be in place.
K-12 in-person classes, 2020/2021 school year
Post-secondary in-person classes, 2020/2021 academic year
Apply for the BC Temporary Rent Supplement here
If you’ve lost income due to COVID-19, and you’ve been approved for the new federal Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
You can apply for the one-time $1,000 B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers here:
Here are some links to information and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Health information:
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control for up-to-date information, resources and best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Call 8-1-1 to speak to a health care professional about potential COVID-19 symptoms, or any other health-related concerns.
- Access the online self-assessment tool at any time to check your symptoms and determine if you require further assessment or testing.
- Non-medical information and what your government is doing to support people:
- Visit the BC Government COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates on our government’s response, including provincial health officer orders, and provincial support for individuals and businesses.
- Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) for the latest on travel recommendations and social distancing, as well as support and resources from the provincial and federal government. You can also send a text to 604-630-0300.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca if you are a senior needing support, or if you’re a volunteer who is able to provide support.
- Visit the federal government’s webpage for information on federal support for individuals and businesses.
I am so proud to serve as your MLA.
This website is one of the many ways I am able to provide information and advocacy advice for our community.
The Province has laid out the details of a repayment framework to be put in place later this summer, helping renters and landlords to transition and tenants in arrears to maintain their housing when the ban on evictions for non-payment …
Vancouver’s Pride Society says lack of action by BC Liberals could put their inclusion in future pride parades in jeopardy July 15, 2020 Vancouver’s Pride Society says it is “shocked” that BC Liberal MLA Laurie Throness is facing no consequences …